For all licensing queries, not covered below, please contact Alligin Photography using the form at the bottom of this page.
Where Crown Copyright images are shown they are only made available via the terms of the Open Government Licence. Anyone downloading them are responsible to ensure that they adhere to the full terms of this licence details of which are freely available;e at the following link: Open Government Licence
Our Standard Royalty-free license permits a perpetual, non-exclusive, non-transferable worldwide license to use the Stock Media for personal use on social media and similar online platforms. The image is not for printed use. Credit is not required unless the image is shown as Crown Copyright then please see the full requirements of the Open Government Licence.
Our Standard Royalty-free license permits a perpetual, non-exclusive, non-transferable worldwide license to use the Stock Media for personal use on websites and/or social media. The image is not for printed use. An image credit is not required on abbreviated social media platforms but if used on a dedicated website, Facebook or similar social media platforms, or digital display media then image credits are required. Credit Army Rugby Union / © [photographers name] unless the image is shown as Crown Copyright then please see the full requirements of the Open Government Licence. The photographer’s name appears as a keyword.
Our Standard Royalty-free license permits a perpetual, non-exclusive, non-transferable worldwide license to use the Stock Media for Permitted Uses. The image will be full size and can be used for printed and online use. A mandatory credit Army Rugby Union / © [photographers name] is required unless the image is shown as Crown Copyright then please see the full requirements of the Open Government Licence. The photographer’s name appears as a keyword.
The license applies to anyone or any organisation downloading content from this site unless otherwise agreed in writing prior to download. For commercial use please contact Alligin Photography before downloading content.
Some images have been tagged ‘Private’. This prevents their download. If you have a requirement to use the image please contact Alligin Photography..
The Army Rugby Union and Alligin Photography have licenced all the images on this site for editorial use. This includes but is not limited to the following applications:
- use to support match reports and other feature articles including the advertising of future Service rugby events.
- personal use by the subject, family and friends.
- newspaper and magazine articles.
- on a blog or website for descriptive purposes.
- in presentations (excludes commercial presentations).
None of the images available from this site are permitted to be used for commercial purposes. If you wish to purchase a commercial licence then please contact Alligin Photography with the relevant details of intended use. Prohibited uses includes but is not limited to the following applications:
- in any kind of advertising or promotional material with the exception of advertising/promoting Service rugby events providing that the promoting is not through resale products..
- in the creation of items or products for resale including use online for the promotion of such items.
- for any ‘advertorial’ purposes i.e. where a fee has been received for the placement of the copy/image.
- in digital template applications intended for further distribution/resale which includes flash templates, business card templates, electronic greeting card templates and brochure/marketing design templates.
- any use that could be considered by a reasonable person or applicable law to be considered pornographic, obscene, immoral, infringing, defamatory or libelous in nature, or that would be reasonably likely to bring the Army Rugby Union, Alligin Photography, any person or property reflected in the content into disrepute.
- any use of an image that would be considered unflattering or unduly controversial to a reasonable person unless clearly used for illustrative purposes and clearly annotated as such.
- remove or modify any copyright, trademark and licensing marks or metadata tags that accompany the image. This excludes the shipping away of meta data by commercial social media platforms in the context of Small and Medium licensed JPEG content.
- using the content in a digital context that enables online sharing in peer-to-peer sharing platforms.
- issue any sub-licences for the content use.
The license remains effective until it is terminated. You can terminate this agreement by destroying all content including copies and derivative work, this includes archives and backups, and ceasing to use the content for any purpose. Alligin Photography can terminate the agreement at any time if the terms of the license have been broken.
By downloading content from this site under one of the available licenses you acknowledge that you have read this agreement and understand it. You agree to be bound by the license terms.
Contact Alligin Photography
If you have any queries with regard to licensing of images on this site then please contact Alligin Photography using the form below, remembering to complete the reCaptcha requirement before pressing ‘Send’.